Monday, August 24, 2009

hey that was my twenty!

Saturday night was not a lucky one for me! Went to the car wash, fed the machine a twenty for change. It ate it. Swallowed that bill like it hadn't been fed in weeks. No change. No return of the bill. Just gone.
Searched all over the building for a phone number to contact somebody. Anybody. Checked with the guy working in the gas station. They have nothing to do with the car wash. Doesn't even know who owns it. Just that someone from Toronto comes by once a month or so to do some maintainance.
Tried the phone number for the security company that is supposed to have 24 hour surveillance on the building. That got me a phone number for a pager. Tried that. Got a phone call from a male named Hasim who claimed he didn't know how to get a hold of the owner. Hmm. 24 hour security but can't get in touch with anyone? Somehow I don't quite believe his story holds water!
So, I did what any normal, sane, completely in control person would do! I made a sign. I posted it on the car wash. It disappeared in a matter of hours. Someone obviously responsible for this business saw it and took it down. But I have a picture!
Tried phoning the pager yet again today. So far no response.
So I am now warning y'all.......if you try to use the car wash at the Esso station at Colborne and Puleston, bring your own change. The machine is a monster that will steal your cash!
After twenty years of washing my car there and several years of watching the property at night when I worked in the taxi office next door, I won't be going back. And that's a promise!

No comments: