Friday, September 25, 2009

Support your troops

Last year at Christmas time I had the pleasure of putting together a luncheon for the family members of our troops over in Afghanistan. We had some food, some laughs, a few tears and a fantastic visit from Santa himself. There were some small gifts for the children and all of the families got to take home a lovely yellow poinsettia donated by the gracious people at Nicol Florist.

I want to do it again!

This year there are 27 troops with families in our area.

Time for some shameless begging. If anyone can help out with a donation to help offset the cost of this day please, please, get in contact with me. Gifts for the children, flowers for the families, even cash to help pay for the food, all will be gratefully accepted. Have a few hours to spare to help out? Call me!! Email, Facebook, snail mail...

It is such a great thing to see the families relax and share thoughts. A few hours together makes such a difference for them at the hardest time of the year to be apart.

Do something nice for another. Trust me it makes you feel good.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Okay girlfriend....I've got the fundraising in the works and my mom suggested I hit up my family at Thanksgiving...the benefits of a large family......lets hope for lots of help and we can put on a fantastic day and show our appreciation