Thursday, April 2, 2009

The diet diaries begin

About three and a half years ago I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Not really a big surprise, it runs in my family. But I had been tested ad nauseum all my life and it always came back fine. So it was a bit of a shock when my doctor sat me down and said my sugar was so high he was surprised I wasn't dead.....hmm, can you say wake-up call?

We immediately started a regimen of pills and Yeah! started losing the weight that had been a source of much trouble over the last few years. Had a pretty good handle on it for about three years. Then all of a sudden the wheels fell off. Could no longer control the sugar and the weight loss had come to an almost complete standstill.

So off to the good doctor for help. Asked him to send me to a dietician to help me figure out what I was suddenly doing wrong.

And so begins my diary....I am now going to a weight loss clinic. They are going to help me lose the weight and control my blood sugar.

I am going to share my experiences with you as I make this journey.

If it is as successful as I am hoping and my quest inspires any of you to want to try this clinic, contact me and I will share the info.

No comments: