Friday, April 24, 2009

diet diary update

Yay!!

I have been going to the clinic since the 6th of March.

I have had my meal plan since the 26th.

Yay!

I have lost fourteen pounds so far. This is exciting. It hasn't been the easiest thing to do, but, no where near as awful as one might have thought.

I am still having trouble eating as often as they want me to. Three meals and five snacks a day is a lot of food. And it is mostly good healthy fresh food so there is always some prep work involved.

I still think it is worth it. Yes, it is a pain in my backside having to measure and write down and track everything I eat. Yes, it is annoying having to drive into Hamilton so often to get weighed and poked and measured and attend lectures.

But my sugar has been great the last few weeks and now my blood pressure has dropped by a significant margin. This is why I am doing this. This is my reason for starting all of this in the first place. The weight loss is just a very happy side effect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Alice. I am so proud of you. Is there a website or a diet plan you can share. I know we could use some healthly changes around here.
Sherry