Thursday, April 2, 2009

So this clinic is not at all what I was expecting. I go in thinking that they are going to sit me down and tell me what to eat and send me on my way with a list of expensive foods I must buy from them.

Nope.

This is serious stuff, folks. They are checking my breathing. They are checking my heart. My liver. How many calories I burn sitting still over a 24 hour period. They weigh you and check your heart every visit. They have doctors who meet with you and confirm you are healthy enough to do what you need to do. An exercise stress test! This is great fun for someone who has walking difficulties. Let's get on a TREADMILL!!!!

No special food to buy. A serious diet plan that you can actually live with!
I am supposed to eat 8, yes 8! times a day. This sounds great in theory. Hard to do. Somedays I feel like all I am doing is eating.
Is it working?

Yes.

My sugar is much better all ready and as of my last visit I have lost 8 pounds. Since the 6th of March!

It is a lot of work. I have been driving in and out of the city several times a week for the last few weeks to make all of these appointments. It is a big commitment. But, I think I am worth it!

And so apparently does IMAG as he has been nothing short of fantastic with all of this.

2 comments:

DJW said...

Thats IMAG to the rest of you.
It is working, and MDB's spirit and energy are much higher.

Keep it up!

DJW

cousin thing said...

yay aunt alice :D