Friday, April 10, 2009

diet update

My entire reason for starting with the diet clinic was to get my blood sugar and blood pressure levels under control. For some time I had been getting readings that while not terrible were higher than I was happy with.

Imagine my surprise when I met the diabetes doctor this week to be told my sugar was fine. It's my glucose meter that has a problem!

Does this mean I am going to revert to my old lifestyle and quit the clinic?

NO WAY!

So far I have lost about ten pounds. I feel better. I have a little more energy. And I am still concerned about my blood pressure. The testing I have undergone so far also discovered that I have a heart condition. Nothing too serious, my heart just runs too fast. So, yet another pill I am now on for life. And increased doses of some of the others. Too many more and I won't have to worry about counting calories or carbs, there won't be any room for food.

3 comments:

DJW said...

Keep up the good work!

DJW

Angela said...

Keep up the Awsome work.
You have come this far Alice.
Don't give in now.

kimmy said...

wow aunt alice!
good job :D